I am so exctied to be nominated for the Liebster Award by Motherhood The Journey of a New Mom! Thank you Teresa McCoy! I had to do a little research on what the Liebster Award was exactly. I hadn’t heard of it up until I received the comment from Teresa nominating me. The award is for bloggers with less than 200 followers to help get noticed on WordPress and the internet.
Here are the rules:
1. First, include a link back to the post or blog of whoever nominated you and thank them.
2. Include 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions that the blogger who nominated you posted.
4. Post 11 more questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate 11 bloggers that have less than 200 followers.
11 facts about me:
1. I am married to my best friend. We dated 11 years ago in high school, even though at the time it didn’t work out. I’m so happy we reconnected and gave us another shot.
2. I have two sons, one is five and the other is two. I am also expecting my third little guy this fall.
3. I LOVE JESUS! Seriously, my walk with Him is the number one thing in my life. I have been blessed by God time and time again and I see no reason to live for anyone or any thing else.
4. I have lived in my hometown my whole life. I’m definitely a southern Illinois girl at heart.
5. I was adopted at six weeks old. When I was 21, I found my birth mother and now have a relationship with her and my biological family.
6. I love to music. I love to listen to it, play it, sing it, you name it. Anything and all music is my passion.
7. I am a stay-at-home mom and feel incredibly blessed to have the opportunity. I understand that not everyone has this luxury. I feel very blessed to have a husband who works hard and has a good job to make it a reality for our family.
8. I am probably way too attached to my iPad and iPhone.
9. I really enjoy to read. My only problem is I tend to read four books at once so it takes me forever to just finish one!
10. I love going on car trips with my husband. It’s just a special time that evokes so many memories with him and I love having those little moments.
11. I would love to see Hillsong/Hillsong United in person. One day… one day.
My 11 questions I was asked to answer by my nominee:
1. What made you start a blog?
I saw writing a blog as a way to put to words what I was feeling or felt like sharing. I am not huge on talking to people about important, thought-evoking topics so I saw a blog as being my voice.
2. What’s your hometown?
Olney, Illinois – Home of the White Squirrels
3. Coffee or tea?
4. What’s your favorite thing to do on weekends?
Attend church, of course!
5. Where was your best vacation?
Anytime I went and visited my husband in upstate NY when he was stationed there during his time in the military.
6. Would you rather be hot or cold?
This is tough because I’m cold-natured. I’d have to go with cold because you can always add more layers.
7. Favorite dessert?
Coconut cream pie
8. Favorite movie?
My Best Friend’s Wedding
9. If you have kids, how did you choose their names?
I found my firstborn’s in a baby name book. I thought it was different but not too far out there and just really liked it. For my second child, it was just a name that my husband and I both really liked. It was our first choice and just stuck. And for our coming arrival, his name was our second choice name for second born.
10. What is your hobby?
I’d definitely say anything involving music whether that be playing, listening, learning new songs, or even filing music. It really is my passion.
11. Favorite sport and team?
Football baby! Go INDIANAPOLIS COLTS!
The 11 questions my nominees need to answer:
1. Why do you blog?
2. What’s your favorite genre of music?
3. If you could travel anywhere, where would that be?
4. What’s your favorite color?
5. If you could live during any decade, when would that be?
6. Sweets or salty snacks?
7. What do you like to do in your spare time, other than blogging?
8. If you could have any career, what would it be?
9. Favorite restaurant?
10. Do you have any siblings?
11. If you’re married, how long have you been with your spouse?
And the nominees are…
I don’t follow a whole lot of blogs but here are those that I do!
Thanks again for nominating me! I will continue to blog regularly for all of you out there!